Nov 9, 2009

Twin


This story tells about Mrs. Ferguson’s family. She has two daughters, Rossie and Emma, and one son, Mike. She has been break up for nearly two years and now she’s getting married with Jim Mc. Donald. Jim has one daughter. Her name is Kristy. But Emma cannot accept this situation because she must to share her room with Kristy, that in her mind is perfect stranger, well, almost. One day, her step father has to work in another place. So Emma takes this chance to tell her mother that she won’t to share her room with her step sister, Kristy.

Mother : Emma, I hope you can share your room with Kristy.

Emma : But mother, It’s not fair. Mike and Rosie will have a room each.

: Why must I be the one to share?

Mother : Look Emma, I know it’s not deal

Emma : Ideal? It’s Terrible…

Mother : It’s only for a short time. We’re hoping to buy another house quite soon.

Emma : Oh yes, soon. What does ‘soon’ mean?

Mother : Look Emma, It will be like having another sister

Emma : I don’t want another sister. One’s bad enough!

Mother : Well, it will be like having a friend to stay. You love having friends to stay.

Emma : No, it won’t. The good thing about having friends to stay is that they go home again

Rossie : Oh, come on! You like Kristy McDonald, don’t you? You’ve got so much in common.

: You’re exactly the same age…

Emma : Oh yes, exactly! The very same birthday, for goodness sake!

Mike : You’ll be twins! great.

Mike thinks it’s a great joke that Kristy and Emma were born on the same day.

Emma : Shut up, Mike! Mother, tell him to shut up! I share my birthday with Kristy. Now, she’s : sharing my room! I’m going to have nothing to call my own.

Rossie : But Emma, you get on fine with Kristy!

Emma : I hardly know her.

: And you’re expecting me to share a room wit her for the rest of my life

Mother : (Laught). Before you know it

: you will leave home and be off to university or collage or somewhere.

Emma : Oh great! Now you want me to leave home.

Mother : Of course not. Emma, don’t be silly. Stop making such a fuss

Rossie : yes, you’re beginning to get boring about your stupid room. There are more important

: things in life.

Emma : Anyway, It’s easy for you to talk. You don’t have to share your room with a perfect : stranger

Mike : Hey, this is boring. Here, I will let you share a cracker with a perfect brother.

: Come on, pull.

Emma : Whatever!

Emma fell angry on that time and she go to her bedroom and leave her mother, Rossie and Mike In live room. But when she arrives, she finds Kristy has been there.

Emma : I don’t know how many more surprise I can take.

(She turned to Kristy who was sitting in the God beside her)

Emma continued.

Emma : Did you know your father had let the hotel already?

Kristy : Not, but he said we’d get all details later.

Emma : Like how! I think it’s terrible that they kept everything secret till the last minute.

Kristy : Do you really? I think it’s quite funny.

: The old parents are not as boring as we think

Emma : Oh, Don’t get me wrong. I don’t mind them getting married

Kristy : That’s nice of you

Emma : Well, I quite like your father.

Kristy : So do I

Emma : And I don’t mind your family coming to live in our house.

Kristy : That is nice of you

Emma : Oh, come on, I don’t suppose you’re in love with the idea either sorry

Kristy : Oh, I don’t know anything to get away from the prison. Sorry

Emma : I thought you love it. You always seem to be having a great time.

Kristy : I like to keep my father happy

Emma : Well, it just that our house isn’t very big, you know. It’s Ok for all the others but

: I think it’s just a bit much having to.

She paused, realizing that this didn’t sound very polite.

Kristy : Having to share your room with me, you mean?

Emma : You’re going to find it a bit of a squash as well, you know.

Kristy : I had to share a room with another girl at school.

: Besides, don’t you worry, stepsister. I’m not going to be in that room very much

: I’ll be out on the town

Emma can’t speak anymore. She loses her words. Now Kristy can understand why Emma was so worried about having to share her room. It certainty is not large. In fact it’s tiny and now it has two little beds and two little tables, chairs, bookcase, stereos and two huge great teenage girls.

Day after day, the relationship between Emma and Kristy more friendly then the first time they share room together. They are getting used to each other. Emma may be a genius at English but not when it comes to Math. To be fair, Emma is giving Kristy a lot of help with her English. And also, Kristy has got to know a lot of people, or any real friends among the girls at school except Emma. And now they even go to lunch together and walk to school and back together. Of course, this situation make their family confused, what happened with them? especially for Mike.

(In the Living room)

Mike : Mom, do you know what happened with them?

Mother : Oh, I see…

Rossie : Yes mom. I also feel like that. Now, they’ve always together in everywhere, every time.

Mother : So, where’s the wrong?

Mike : Not wrong mom! But it unusual

Rossie : Strange…exactly

Mother : I don’t know why, but I hope they always like that.

: So, we can live with peaceful.

Rossie : I hope so…

Mike : yeah, me too.

Mother : By the way, where are they? I see them at home.

Rossie : They’re going to the bookstore. Emma wants to but a new novel.

: Now, she likes to read a novel that written by Jane Austen, you know.

Mike : I’m sure it’s because of Kristy Mc. Donald.

Rossie : Of course yes.

Suddenly Emma and Kristy heading to home and then, they join with mother, Rossie and Mike.

Emma : We’re home

Kristy : Hi…mom..!

Mother : Where have you been?

Kristy : We’re going to but a novel for Emma and then she’s treat me in Japanese restaurant.

Mike : You bring something for me?

Kristy : Oh…nothing. You’re not lucky yet

Mike : How poor I am

Rossie : Wait, Emma…you’re look so different now.

Emma : Me? What do you mean?

Rossie : I still remember a few days before, you’re very angry to hear that Kristy will be live : here and sharing room with you. What happened later on!

Emma : Well, I know…I do stupid mistake last time. I aware that there is no reason to hate

: her because in fact she is a nice girl

Mother : Emma…I’m proud of you. Finally, you’re realize your mistake

Emma : Kristy…I’m sorry. I promise, I will be a good sister for you.

: We are twins after all.

Mike : Wow…it’s so nice.

Rossie : So…what about how Kristy?

Kristy : Well, It’s ok for me, because we’re twins. And I will always forgive you.

Emma : Thanks…Kristy. You’re the best.

: Mom, I’m sorry because I also make you worry and unhappiness

Mother : It’s ok, honey. But remember don’t do it anymore.

Emma : Yes, Mom. I promise. Trust me.

Mother : I hope it’s not only for now but also for the end of our life

Rossie : We’re family, so we must share and loving each other, Right?

Mike : Right

Kristy : Exactly

Mother : Now we start a new life.

Finally, Emma realizes her mistakes. She promised that se will be a good sister for Kristy. Now, she is really quite enjoying being a ‘twin’.




No comments:

Post a Comment